Monday 2 November 2009

Is Heading to the U.S.A!!!

It has taken me way too long to fill out my application. Had I had a Bruneian or Australian passport, the process would take 10 minutes. But no, I have stamps in my Malaysian passport that proves residency in Brunei and Australia. So with this red passport comes 20 pages of questions and plenty of paperwork.

I am asked...

  • Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance(drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes?

  • Have you ever been refused admission to the U.S., or been the subject of a deportation hearing or sought to obtain or assist others to obtain a visa, entry into the U.S., or any other U.S. immigration benefit by fraud or willful misrepresentation or other unlawful means? Have you attended a U.S. public elementary school on student (F) status or a public secondary school after November 30, 1996 without reimbursing the school?

  • Do you seek to enter the United States to engage in export control violations, subversive or terrorist activities, or any other unlawful purpose? Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S. Secretary of State? Have you ever participated in persecutions directed by the Nazi government of Germany; or have you ever participated in genocide?
All to which I have answered NO!

I am asked to provide supporting evidence of my finances, employment, and that I have intention of leaving America rather than jump ship and stay as an illegal immigrant pretty much. So the weekend was spend scrambling the documents and paying a lot of money for the application only to be asked 3 questions at my interview this morning:

- What do you do?
- How long have you been doing it for?
- Who are you traveling with?

And wait for it - without requesting any other documentation, the Americano says...

...

...

...

...


"Okay, visa granted!"

No complaints there because it has been my childhood dream to have a white Christmas, but the money and time spent on completing the application is just "bleh".

No comments:

Post a Comment