Friday 30 October 2009

I love a bargain!

I love the idea of getting a bargain, but I must say I don't have a track record of getting too many. I started last Sunday flipping through the Melbourne magazine and saw an advertisement for jewellery on show the a Uniting Church in Hawthorn. I didn't think I'd find much there but I just had to see what was out and about so we gave ourselves half an hour but boy were we surprised...


Except for this gorgeous bangle, everything else was priced at $2, $5 or $10! Im constantly on the search for gorgeous gold chains and it's not an easy task. Chain in the shops can cost up to $18 a meter and are nowhere as lovely as what I found.

I love the horseshoe on the bangle and it comes in a vintage cushioned box with an intricate clasp. 

All proceeds from the jewellery sold went to towards the work nuns were doing to help women suffering from domestic violence. Keep a look out in the local papers for great opportunities like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment