Monday 7 December 2009

A Mother's Love


~*~ 12 Days of Giving is still on - click here to participate ~*~

The festive season is just around the corner and though we don't get the snow white excitement, Aussies still enjoy the holiday period as we celebrate in the sun.

The last (and coming) weeks have been filled with parties and gatherings and not to forget those corporate ones that are held despite the GFC. A lot less lavish, but held nonetheless to thank everyone for their hard work through difficult times.

My company held a rather rather low key one - just drinks and finger food while Big Bear's was a buffet with a black and white theme. As a new entrant to the firm, it is tradition to act out a skit at the Christmas party...and if I get permission, I'll be sure to post it up!


What a cutie! Anne Geddes' Christmas Baby

Prior to the laughing fit the audience had, I met a new mommy at the party. She is a gorgeous woman who didn't even look like she'd just had a baby. I asked how it was with the baby she said "It's getting better because at first I had a baby who I loved of course, but I didn't know. Now I'm getting to know her and I'm really becoming a Mum". So excited she (and her partner) were that they went around asking couples when they were having babies when most of us weren't even married!

No comments:

Post a Comment